UK Border Agency have today written to A rated Sponsor Licence holders to advise that the premium customer service for sponsors in Tier 2 and Tier 5 of the Points Based System will be introduced from 06 April 2012.
High users of Tier 2 sponsorship will be invited to participate in the scheme. The criteria that must be met include:
- Must not have been issued with a civil penalty in the past three years and any previous penalties must have been paid in full;
- Be an A rated sponsor; and
- Be able to fully satisfy sponsor responsibilities and have systems in place to demonstrate the ability to meet an A rated compliance audit.
The premium service will be available for a fee of £25,000 per annum.
The benefits of the premium service will include:
- A designated senior account manager and licence manager for each sponsor;
- Access to the premium sponsor support team from 8.00am to 6.00pm, seven days a week;
- Reducing the time a worker will be without their passport when making an immigration application;
- Guaranteed access to Public Enquiry Office appointment for fast-track processing;
- Guaranteed access to premium services overseas, including priority visas and VIP lounges (where available);
- An improved checking and update service;
- Updates to the licence to be made promptly and accurately;
- Pre-paid access to alternated biometric checking services online; and
- Attendance at stakeholder events to discuss issues of shared interest.
Sponsors who meet the criteria and wish to apply will be able to do so from 06 April 2012 via the Sponsor Management System (SMS).
The UKBA will publish more information in respect of the application process on their website shortly.